Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lawrence Rudolech Workshop

There was a great opportunity to take a
three day workshop with Larry Rudolech.
Two days were beautiful and sunny, the third
day not so much. In between the raindrops the sun
peeked out and I took advantage of the moment.

Thanks to Larry, the way I paint in plein air was
completely turned around for the best. 
The biggest tip that worked for me was to paint
the focal point first and the background last.
That was new for me, because I have always 
painted the background first and focal point last.
Now, this idea did not work for everyone.
It is something to consider if you are looking
for a new way to paint.

Below are the seven new paintings that I
finished at the workshop.
Thank you for viewing my paintings.
    

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are always looking at new ways to stretch. That is one of the reasons your art is fresh. Thank you for sharing glimpses of your work. It is amazing. Keep after your dreams. Jill

    ReplyDelete